Access to Information
Model Publication Scheme
This model publication scheme has been prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
This publication scheme commits NHS Bolton CCG to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities. The information covered is included in the classes of information mentioned below, where this information is held by Bolton CCG.
The scheme commits Bolton CCG:
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information, including environmental information, which is held by Bolton CCG and falls within the classifications below.
- To specify the information which is held by Bolton CCG and falls within the classifications below.
- To proactively publish or otherwise make available as a matter of routine, information in line with the statements contained within this scheme.
- To produce and publish the methods by which the specific information is made routinely available so that it can be easily identified and accessed by members of the public.
- To review and update on a regular basis the information the authority makes available under this scheme.
- To produce a schedule of any fees charged for access to information which is made proactively available.
- To make this publication scheme available to the public.
Publishing datasets for re-use
Bolton CCG must publish under its publication scheme any dataset we hold that has been requested, together with any updated versions, unless we are satisfied that it is not appropriate to do so. So far as reasonably practicable, Bolton CCG will publish it in an electronic form that is capable of re-use.
If the dataset or any part of it is a relevant copyright work and Bolton CCG is the only owner, we will make it available for re-use under the terms of a specified licence. Datasets in which the Crown owns the copyright or the database rights are not relevant copyright works.
The Datasets Code of Practice recommends that public authorities make datasets available for re-use under the Open Government Licence: More information
The term ‘dataset’ is defined in section 11(5) of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The terms ‘relevant copyright work’ and ‘specified licence’ are defined in section 19(8) of the FOIA. The ICO has published guidance on the dataset provisions in the FOIA. This explains what is meant by “not appropriate” and “capable of re-use”.
Classes of information
Who we are and what we do.
NHS Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) commissions, or buys, health services for Bolton people. It’s our job to make sure people have the health services they need and that these services are safe and deliver high quality care.
- How we fit into the NHS structure: More information
- Organisational structure: More information
- Key organisations with which the CCG works in partnership: More information
- Senior executives and management board / governing body members: More information
- Location and contact details for all public-facing departments: More information
What we spend and how we spend it
- Financial statements, budgets and variance reports: More information
- Staff and board members’ allowances and expenses: see our Annual Report
- Staff pay and grading structures: More information
- Funding (including endowment funds): More information
- Procurement and tendering procedures: More information
What our priorities are and how we are doing
- Annual report: see our Annual Report
- Annual business and/or commissioning plan: More information
- Targets, Aims and Objectives: More information
- Strategic Direction document (Five-year plan): More information
- Performance against targets (KPI)/performance framework/performance management information: More information
- Audit reports delivered at board/governing body level: More information
- Service User Surveys: for current engagements: More information
- Privacy impact assessments (in full or summary format): More information
How we make decisions
- Board papers – agenda, supporting papers and minutes: More information
- Patient and public engagement : More information
- Public consultations: More information
Our policies and procedures
Bolton CCG has a wide range of policies and procedures in place to ensure compliance with national legislation and NHS policies. Our policies and procedures can be found here.
- Equality and Diversity policies and Equality Scheme: More information
- Complaints and other customer service policies and procedures: More information
- Data protection/records management/Caldicott Guardian: More information
- Effective Use of Resources Treatment Policies: More information
Lists and registers
Information Bolton CCG is currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers:
- Register of Gifts and Hospitality: More information
- Requests under the Freedom of Information Act: More information
The services we offer
- Clinical services provided and/or commissioned: More information
- Patient Information leaflets and other booklets and newsletters: More information from the following links: News and Events, Patient Zone, About Us
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service: More information
- Corporate Communications & Media Releases: More information
The method by which information published under this scheme will be made available
Bolton CCG will indicate clearly to the public what information is covered by this scheme and how it can be obtained.
Where it is within the capability of Bolton CCG, information will be provided on the website. Where it is impracticable to make information available on a website or when an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, Bolton CCG will indicate how information can be obtained by other means and provide it by those means.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is specified, contact details will be provided. An appointment to view the information will be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where Bolton CCG is legally required to translate any information, it will do so.
Obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this scheme.
Charges which may be made for information published under this scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by Bolton CCG for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum.
Material which is published and accessed on a website will be provided free of charge.
Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by Parliament.
Charges may be made for actual disbursements incurred such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all the circumstances, including the general principles of the right of access to information held by public authorities, justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to the public.
Charges may also be made for making datasets (or parts of datasets) that are relevant copyright works available for re-use. These charges will be in accordance with the terms of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015, where they apply, or with regulations made under section 11B of the Freedom of Information Act, or with other statutory powers of the public authority.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Information held by Bolton CCG that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing, when its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.
NHS Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group
St Peters House