Bolton Public Health boss gets her vaccination
Bolton Council’s Director of Public Health has had her Covid-19 vaccination.
DPH Helen Lowey, who has been leading the local response to the pandemic since March 2020, received her first dose of the vaccine as she is in the over 45s category.
Giving her the vaccine was Dr Helen Wall, senior responsible officer for the vaccination programme in Bolton.
Helen Lowey said: “As Director of Public Health I felt it was important to have my vaccination as soon as it was offered to me, to protect myself and others around me.
“I would urge you to take up the vaccine when you are offered it.”
Vaccination of residents is according to a priority list, as set out by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), based on age and vulnerability of people and the risk of them becoming seriously ill and dying from Covid-19.
In Bolton, we are currently vaccinating people aged 45 and over, carers, those who have been shielding and people living with a long term health condition.
Dr Helen Wall said: “Anyone aged 45 and over can now access their first vaccination. They will either be contacted by their GP practice or can book via the national booking system.”
The Covid-19 vaccination programme is being led nationally by NHS England, and Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is managing arrangements at a local level.
The full list of regular vaccination sites in Bolton:
- Tonge Moor Health Centre – including people from Turton PCN
- Lever Chambers Health Centre – including people from Rumworth PCN, Central PCN and Farnworth and Kearsley PCN
- Breightmet Health Centre – including people from Breightmet and Little Lever PCN
- Peter House Surgery – including people from Westhoughton PCN
- Waters Meeting Health Centre – including people from Halliwell PCN, plus those registered at Bolton Community Practice in Horwich
- Avondale Health Centre – including people from Chorley Roads PCN
- Horwich RMI – including people from Kildonan House Surgery and Pike View Medical Centre
- Hootons Pharmacy at the Bolton Wanderers, Horwich – including people who receive a letter to book through the national service