Coronavirus update and advice
The NHS in this area and Public Health England are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases.
See the NHS FAQs for the latest advice and guidance on coronavirus.
The single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives. The Prime Minister has announced a number of strict measures requiring people stay at home apart from a small number of exceptions.
Public Health England has put together an easy-read guide to looking after your mind and body during this difficult time.
Translated information on social distancing is also available.
If you are struggling because you need to stay at home and have no family or friends to support you with shopping or other help please contact Bolton Council on 01204 337221.
A new GOV.UK WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Service has been launched to combat the spread of misinformation. To use the service, simply add +44 7860 064422 to your contacts and send a WhatsApp message saying “Hi”.
Bolton Council will provide a daily update on how its services are adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean